Last Friday OEC’s Building Committee received a cost estimate that was more than a third higher than our previous estimate. As a result we did not put forward the resolution at the AGM to submit a Development Application to Orange City Council. Our budget for the Ploughmans’ Lane Ministry Centre is $3.7M and we will not exceed this budget.
This over budget cost estimate was a very disappointing development. However, there are some clear steps we can take to bring the project back under our budget. This will include;
- reviewing the current cost estimate
- reviewing building methods and materials
- possibly reducing the current size of the project.
We do not expect there will be a cost to OEC as a result of this additional step in the process. While we are unsure of the time frame for undertaking these works, the building committee remains convinced that we will be able to build a Ministry Centre that will be very helpful for the work of the gospel in Orange and beyond.
Please pray for;
- successful cost savings to be made
- plans to be developed that will aid the spread of the gospel
- a DA to be submitted and approved by Orange City Council
For further information about the building project visit the B4F homepage.