Scripture in Schools – SRE
OEC is an accredited provider of SRE for local schools. Our SRE volunteers are approved under NSW Child Protection legislation and are appropriately trained in child protection, pedagogy and theology and teach using appropriate curriculum. You can access the curriculum syllabuses used by our SRE volunteers here.
Our Safe Ministry Commitment
Orange Evangelical Church is committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within its own community.
To ensure the safety of children and vulnerable people in our communities, we are committed to:
- Carefully recruiting and training OEC’s staff and Youth/Children’s ministry volunteers.
- Adopting and encouraging safe ministry practices by OEC staff or volunteers.
- Responding promptly to any concern raised about the behaviour of OEC’s staff or volunteers.
- Providing supervision of and pastoral accountability (within the context of the ministries, locations and activities of OEC) to any person (who is a member of an OEC congregation and) who is known to have abused a child or another vulnerable person.
Our ongoing concern for safe ministry practices, and our zero tolerance of misconduct and abuse by staff and volunteers. means that OEC commits to:
- Complete compliance with child protection screening legislation – the Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998
- Requiring all people in a children’s ministry position undergo regular safe ministry training
- Keeping safe ministry training records
- Monitoring and reporting on safe ministry systems and practice within OEC.
- Reporting any abuse (whether by OEC staff and volunteers.)